The food you eat plays an indisputably important role in determining your physical constitution, your vulnerability to disease, while also how swiftly, or otherwise, your years begin to show on you.
Most present-day dietary habits are as easily swayed by the current trends on the supermarket shelves, as they are influenced by the amount of time it takes dinner to get from the refrigerator into your stomach.
As a result, most of us wolf down unimaginably high amounts of sodium, unhealthy fats which soon bring about escalating cholesterol levels, and refined, processed foods which are stripped of all their nutritional value and are usually little more than unhealthy junk that fills up our stomachs.
Not surprisingly, an overwhelming majority of most modern-day diseases are brought on, not just by the quality of food we eat, but also the amount of food we heap our plates with.
When your dietary habits go haywire, your face is the first and hardest hit.
- Water retention, which is one of the most pertinent causes of chubby cheeks, is primarily caused by too much sodium and too little fiber in your diet. These imbalances, cause your kidneys to hold on to water instead of excreting it, as they ordinarily would. Fiber, on the other hand, absorbs a large amount of the excessive fluid in your body and thus, when your body is deprived of this form of natural roughage, it tends to bloat up – even if your calorific intake is within the recommended limits.
- Most convenience and packaged foods are robbed off many of their innate nutrients. For instance, most of the water soluble vitamins, minerals and fiber are long before these foods find their way to your dinner table. Further, contrary to the popular belief that popping a few multivitamins makes up for this alarming deficiency, your body is a lot less responsive to these artificial sources as compared to the benefits it would wean out during the process of digestion. Thus, even though you may be fortifying your diet with all the multivitamins in the world, your body still discards a large majority of these nutrients, simply because it isn’t accustomed to these foreign sources, and prefers the natural sources instead.
- Most packaged foods are also doused with hydrogenated fats, more popularly known as trans-fats. These fats, which are a lot less likely to go rancid when stored for long periods of time, are also responsible for choking your arteries, causing surprisingly rapid weight gain and also release harmful free-radicals which pre-pone the process of ageing.
- Full-fat diary and red meat produce also contain another category of harmful fats, termed as saturated fats. These fats, like their hydrogenated counterparts, are instant harbingers of obesity and even influence the development of coronary disease. Further, as your arteries are layered with these unhealthy deposits of trans-fats and saturates, the circulation of blood in your body is impaired, which immediately shows up on your face as lackluster skin, while also padding your facial contours with facial fat.
- Alcohol is invariably the most dangerous dietary demon of them all. Your liver, which metabolizes the fat in the food you eat, has to pause its functioning while it deals with the alcohol in your body, leading these fats pile up as unwanted pounds. Alcohol also has a host of other disadvantages of its own to offer, which include increased susceptibility to cardiovascular diseases, renal failure which causes toxins and excessive water to fill up in your body and even paralysis.
If you’re already a member of this program, then you know how valuable is our Diet Meal Plan Generator.