- 2 small onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 24 okra pods (about 3/4 pound), trimmed
- 16 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Divide each onion wedge into 2 equal pieces. Thread 3 okra pods, 2 cherry tomatoes, and 2 onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Combine olive oil, kosher salt, and the remaining ingredients except for cooking spray in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Brush olive oil mixture over the skewers. Place the skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until tender.