- 1 pound frozen cooked king crab legs, thawed
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 11 ears)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut shells off crab with kitchen shears; reserve shells. Coarsely chop crabmeat; chill. Combine shells, corn, 4 1/2 cups water, and red pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until corn is very tender. Discard shells.
- Place half of corn mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth. Press pureed corn mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Repeat procedure with remaining corn mixture. Stir in milk, chives, and black pepper. Chill 2 hours. Top with reserved crabmeat.