- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 2/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 ounces shredded fontina cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces light processed cheese (such as light Velveeta)
- 6 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 3 cups uncooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup crushed melba toasts (about 12 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a large saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until sauce cools to 155°. Add cheeses, and stir until the cheeses melt. Stir in cooked macaroni, salt, and black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine crushed toasts, oil, and garlic in small bowl; stir until well blended. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.