- 1 pound steamer clams, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small red bliss potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 ears shucked corn, cut in half
- 4 (1-pound) whole live Maine lobsters
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Rinse clams under cold running water; place in a large bowl. Cover with cold water; add black pepper. Let stand 30 minutes; drain and rinse. (This helps clean the clams of any grit.)
- Add water to a large stockpot to a depth of 2 inches; bring to a boil. Add potatoes and corn; steam, covered, 5 minutes. Add lobsters headfirst, and add clams; steam, covered, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard any unopened clam shells.
- Combine butter and lemon juice in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until butter melts.
- Divide lobster, clams, corn, and potatoes among 4 large plates. Ladle broth from bottom of stockpot into a bowl for dipping clams. Serve with melted lemon-butter.