- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice
- 2 pounds clams in the shell, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, wide pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chile flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and clam juice and cook until hot. Add clams, salt, and pepper. Cook, covered, until clams open, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and put in a serving bowl. Pour clam sauce over pasta and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with cheese on the side.