- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 (5-pound) standing rib roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place bread slices in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until fine crumbs measure 3/4 cup. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs to pan, and cook 12 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Cool 5 minutes.
- Let roast stand at room temperature 1 hour. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add roast to pan; cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove roast from pan. Combine basil and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl; spread mustard mixture over roast. Pat breadcrumbs onto roast. Place roast on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan.
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Bake roast at 200° for 3 1/2 hours or until a thermometer registers 135° or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 20 minutes before slicing.