- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 3/4 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups (1/2-inch) slices asparagus (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring broth and 1 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 30 minutes total).
- Stir in asparagus and shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Fennel salad: Combine 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl. Add 6 cups torn romaine lettuce and 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb; toss well to coat.