- 1 pound large asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Hold each asparagus spear by the tip end. Shave asparagus into ribbons with a vegetable peeler to measure 3 cups. Reserve asparagus tips for another use. Combine asparagus and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Combine chives and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt), stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over the asparagus mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top with goat cheese.