- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 cups chopped Swiss chard (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned; stir to crumble. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chard; cover and cook 3 minutes or until chard wilts, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Stir in egg mixture; cook 3 minutes or until eggs are set, stirring frequently. Serve with toast.