Used for centuries throughout many cultures, olive oil is one product you should keep in your home. It’s an important staple in the well-known Mediterranean diet.
Olive oil is used primarily for cooking, replacing butter and other fat substances in a variety of dishes. It is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins E and K, and healthy fatty acids that your body needs.
Olive oil is believed to help fight off particular cancers, heart disease, stress, blood pressure, arthritis and diabetes.
As you can see from its many antioxidant properties, Olive Oil is the perfect ingredient to incorporate into your beauty regimen. Here are eleven fabulous uses for olive oil.
1. Soften Cuticles
– If your cuticles are ragged, adding moisture is the best thing. Apply a tiny dab of olive oil and massage it into your cuticles before a manicure.
You can leave it on for as long as you like. It also doesn’t hurt to apply daily. Place your gloves on and watch television as they heal and soften your cuticles.
2. Shave to Perfection
– For a close and smooth shave, use olive oil to lube up.
This helps prevent that dry shave and itchy feeling. Apply a bit more after shaving for super soft legs.
3. Sleek Hair
– If you are out of pomade, apply olive oil to your hair. It gives you the super sleek look you want, without the buildup.
Olive oil also controls bad hair days. Apply a small amount of olive oil to your hands and rub throughout your hair.
Comb through and tame hair frizz for the entire day during the winter or humid days.
– Sometimes dryness occurs; olive oil is a safe and all natural lubricant.
5. Soften the Skin
– On extra dry days, apply olive oil to your elbows, feet, and knees to soften the skin. It will last all day long.
6. Clear Out Your Ears
– Apply a small amount of olive oil to a cotton swab. Gently remove excess earwax with it.
7. Remove Sticky Substances
– If you have something sticky on your hands, rub a generous amount of olive oil and let it soak for five minutes or so.
It should rinse off easily with soap and water.
8. Easy Lip Balm
– If you want an inexpensive lip balm, mix one part olive oil with one part melted beeswax.
Chapped lips – be gone!
– For a quick exfoliation remedy for hands and your face, apply olive oil and then take a bit of white or brown sugar and scrub.
Rinse well with water for smooth skin.
10. Soothing Bath Oil
– All it takes is about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil to turn your bath into a mini spa retreat.
You’ll have smoother skin afterwards.
11. Makeup Remover
– Olive oil is a great makeup remover. It’s fast, safe, and works without harsh rubbing.
Studies show that extra virgin olive oil is the best type of olive oil to use. Do be careful of knock off versions blended with other oils, minimizing the effects of pure olive oil. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced in Italy, and a certified authentic cold pressed olive oil. This is a product trusted by many.
What other ways do you enjoy using olive oil? Let us know below.
Learn about the anti-aging secrets of olive oil, check out this video: