If you’ve been wondering what all the natural beauty talk is all about, it’s about comfort, convenience, and health.
You don’t need to negate all beauty products, but find the ones that complement your skin tone and minimize the possibility of harmful adverse effects.
Here are four reasons natural beauty may be the best for you and a few alternatives to makeup.
1. Adverse Reactions to Ingredients
No matter the product, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and other claims, you can have an adverse reaction to makeup ingredients.
If you have constant acne and blackhead problems, this could be attributed to an ingredient in your makeup.
Once your skin is irritated, it can lead to inflammation, infection, and even scarring on the skin.
- Bacteria are easy to get into your powder or liquid makeup if you frequently use your fingers to apply it. It’s especially possible if you share your makeup with others.
- Coal tar is used as a blackening agent in mascaras, lipsticks, and eyeliners. It is known to lead to cancer outcomes.
- Dyes. Many people are allergic to the dyes in their makeup. This is why nude is such a popular alternative.
- Formaldehyde is used in rouge and face powders. It can be a skin irritant and believed to cause certain cancers.
- Glycolic acid is used to help fight wrinkles. However, it may leave you prone to UV damage.
- Lanolin is made from sheep’s wool, and as you know, many are allergic to wool.
- Lead can be found in certain red lipstick brands. This can lead to high blood pressure if exposed to too much.
- Salicylic acid is a key ingredient for anti-acne products. However, some people have a reaction that leads to breakouts or sensitivity to the sun.
2. Quality Makeup Can Be Costly
When you purchase makeup, you want it to look flawless.
Unlike other products, the more expensive the makeup, surely the better it feels and looks on your skin.
If you are on a limited budget, having the chic makeup products could be out of your budget.
3. It May Be Uncomfortable to Wear
With beauty, there comes a sacrifice. Unfortunately, with makeup, it could be your comfort level.
The feel of the makeup may irritate you. Your mascara could feel too heavy or cause you to tear up often.
Then you’re left with reapplying and fixing it throughout the day.
4. Getting Ready in a Breeze is a Thing of the Past
Finally, natural beauty may be the best thing for you if you don’t want to spend hours on end applying makeup. To highlight your natural beauty, however, can be achieved in a snap.
There are many anti-aging secrets to use to keep yourself with smooth skin and turn back the hands of time. Just a few natural ingredients and facial exercises can achieve the glow you want. You can revitalize your eyes and rid wrinkles for good.
Have you thought about cutting back the amount of makeup you wear daily? If so, what is your concern?
Here are a few tips on how you can look pretty even without makeup, check the video and enjoy!