It seems that everyone are having a battle with their kilograms. It is another battle that never ends.
And it is not just a story. Statistic information shows that people worldwide are always fighting that battle.
It is something like an enchanted circle, you lose weight than gain it back, and then start again.
An overweight person is considered if person BMI ( Body Mass Index) is over 25 and obese if BMI is over 30.
How to calculate your BMI?
Take your weight in kilograms and divide it by your square height in meters.
BMI = kg / m2
For example: If you are tall 1.65 meters and weight 60 kilograms, your BMI is 22.
BMI = 60 / 1.652 = 60 / 2.7225 = 22.038
We gathered up 10 statistics about weight loss, maintaining weight and weight in general that you will enjoy hearing about.
Check them out:
1. Did you know that 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight, and 1 in 3 are considered obese?
Those stats are very devastating because obesity and overweight lead to serious health problems. For statistic info, go here.
2. The money spent on weight loss products such as diet foods, drinks, weight loss programs, reached the number of $64 billion only in 2014 in The United States.
And that number is always growing.
3. Over 66% Americans are trying to lose weight, or maintain the current one.
4. Did you know that all people are born with some fat cell in their body?
The number of fat cells increases until the early 20s. Therefore, you can never lose them, just shrink them. And the problem is they always want to grow.
5. Studies proved that chewing is affecting your weight gaining or losing.
People who do not chew their food good enough are more prone to be overweight and the opposite. Read more here.
6. Did you know that most people gain back around 2/3 of the weight they lost in the first year?
And they gain back a 100% of the weight they lost in the next five years.
7. It is hard to lose weight, but maintaining that weight is also hard, maybe even harder.
If you do not want to gain back the weight you lost you should, at least, exercise 30 minutes per day of moderate aerobic exercises. The more, the better.
8. Did you know that people who monitor their weight loss progress, achieve better results?
The monitoring includes diet monitoring, exercise, self-weighing, etc.
9. Females seem to care more about their weight. There is no surprise!
The 85% users of weight loss products are females.
So if you want to lose weight or maintain the current one, you need adequate hours of sleep. If you sleep too much, it can lead to few extra pounds, or if you sleep too little.
Check out this infographic. You will find more interesting information!