Insomnia can be very exhausting. Only one night of sleepless night and you will feel exhausted and nervous the next day.
And I believe that you all have experienced that, at least once.
Insomnia Can Affect Your Heart
Studies show that about 40 percent of women and 30 percent of men occasionally have problems with sleep and that 10 percent of them suffer from chronic insomnia.
As a result of the constant lack of sleep with them occur drowsiness, fatigue, impaired concentration and attention, muscle aches, depression, excessive sensitivity, tension, anxiety, and nervousness.
These problems sometimes drastically reduce the working level, which is especially dangerous for professional drivers, construction workers working at a height, as well as those who come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
Stress Alleviates the Problem
If insomnia occurs for a longer period, it damages the heart and blood vessels, lungs, brain, disrupts blood sugar and blood fat, leads to impotence and can worsen the existing health issues.
Try to discover the causes of insomnia and try to avoid everything that awakens you.
Do not forget that many of the procedures that need to help you to fall asleep are counterproductive.
A significant cause of insomnia can be if you are thinking too much. The more you worry about insomnia, it will be harder for you to fall asleep.
However, if the weeks are passing and you are unable to fall asleep for hours after going to bed, maybe it’s time to seek professional help.
Tips On How To Fight Insomnia
– Before going to sleep do something you enjoy and what relaxes you – watch TV, listen to music, dance, etc.
– After dinner, take a walk for half an hour. That will speed up the digestion and will prepare your body for sleep.
– Water is an excellent relaxant. So make yourself a beautiful and warm bath or take a shower with lukewarm water. It will help you to fall asleep more quickly. Add some lavender essential oil into the bath; it has a calming effect.
– Decorate your bedroom with soothing colors. For the walls, furniture and linens it is recommended to use colors like a blue sky, green as grass, and all the warm colors of autumn.
– Always try to go to bed at the same time, including weekends.
– In the evening you should not smoke nor drink coffee, soda and hot chocolate.
– Do not exercise at least three to four hours before bedtime because physical exercise increases metabolism and awakens the body.
– Do not consume alcohol because it releases the hormone norepinephrine, also known as a natural stimulant.
– Do not go to bed nor with full nor with an empty stomach. We do not know what’s worse of these two situations.
– Do not despair. If you can not fall asleep after hours of trying, get up, walk around the house, read a book or see a movie that will relax you.