Studies have shown that 95% of women do not leave the house without mascara.
Beside lipstick, mascara is the best-selling beauty product and the most important part of the make-up.
Mascara visually makes your skin look younger and your complexion brighter.
The story about mascara is ancient and it dates from ancient Egypt.
Check out and find out all the interesting facts about mascara:
1. The first mascara was created in 1913, and its creator was a chemist Thomas Williamson from Chicago. He created a product for his sister Mabel and It was based on petroleum gel. From that moment on, the women went crazy for this product, and Williams soon opened a business that is still very well known.
2. Mascara is favorite female product because it “opens” eyes, making them larger, emphasizing lashes and gives a fresh look to your face.
3. Before using new mascara, you should wash the brush under a jet of water.
4. The brush is made of nylon, which was first produced in 1939 in New York.
5. The first forerunners of modern mascara appeared in ancient Egypt. Egyptians used it and called it “Kohl”, and applied it with a stick.
6. An essential ingredient for making this beauty product is guanine. Guanine is an ingredient that is commonly found in a variety of make-up products because it gives a unique glow.
7. The first creamy mascara is similar to the present. It was made in 1958 and was included in the package – bottle with applicator.
8. Most women instinctively opened their mouth when applying mascara. And that is for a good reason – when you open your mouth it is harder to blink.
9. Leaving mascara on your eyes during the sleep is not a good idea because in the morning you will wake up without few lashes.
10. The shelf life of mascara should not be longer than three months.
11. When applying the mascara, it is enough to dip the brush just once. Otherwise, the brush will “catch” too much color and that leads to lumps on your eyelashes.
13. When applying this product on your eyelashes you visually ‘’lift’’ your face. This beauty product allows defining the eyes; skin looks brighter and therefore you look younger.
14. Mascara contains mercury, which is poisonous. However, in this case, it is a minuscule amount that can’t hurt you.
15. Mascara should be applied to a maximum of two layers. If you use a greater amount of it, your lashes will be stuck together and will create lumps on them.