6 Ways To Wipe Out Age Spots
Age spots usually occur as people start aging especially since as they grow old they naturally get more exposure to the sun if they are not careful. This causes the formation of age marks. They can be brown or tan spots, and are also called liver spots. Contrary to popular belief, they occur mainly because of the time spent in the sun rather than due to the person’s age.
Too much sun exposure can cause age blemishes in a young person also! Although they are not dangerous, they appear horrible and ugly. From laser skin treatments to homemade remedies, there are countless methods to overcome this skin problem and reverse the signs of this “skin aging”.
Here are 6 easy instructions for reducing age spots:
1. One basic formula is minimizing the amount of time spent in the sun. An individual should incorporate sunscreen, preferably of high SPF such as 45 or more, on a daily basis, to protect the skin from sun damage. In this way the spots will be minimized and they won’t get worse or reappear after any type of treatment. Wearing large hats can also be a great way to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
2. People can also benefit from using certain creams, which have bleaching properties, on a regular basis. The results will not be immediate but over the time they can lighten the blemishes.
3. Laser treatment is considered to be the latest and the most effective anti-aging solution. The laser beams destroy the unwanted skin cells and blood vessels, thereby reducing the melanin. Dead cells and the outer skin layer are thus removed. Radiant and healthy skin cells thus come to the forefront. Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and the mouth can also be treated. It has one disadvantage, and that is it can be expensive. Actually, it is usually quite expensive.
4. Chemical peels containing glycolic acid are also recommended to remove the outer layer of the skin which has been affected by the sun. Since it takes off the topmost layer, it will lighten the skin and will smooth out its texture. It can be repeated to achieve desired results, regarding spotting, acne, blemishes, pigmentation, redness, deep wrinkles and precancerous or cancerous lesions.
5. Microdermabrasion is another solution for curing age spots which are present on the face. It employs tiny rough grains to get rid of the surface layer of the skin. Along with age marks, it also wipes out several layers of the skin. It can be done through salon treatments, scrubs and creams and medical procedures like cosmetic surgeries.
6. Consulting a dermatologist is always a good decision before trying out products for reducing skin aging. Products, which are also bleaching agents, can be harsh on the skin. People with sensitive skin can find them troublesome. Therefore, only a doctor can suggest an appropriate prescription medicine for decreasing age spots.